Sensory Skilling Workshop
SATURDAY 14th March 2020. 9.00am-5.30pm
Over the course of the day you will apply theoretical knowledge with practical exercises to improve your coffee assessment skills. Taking a closer look at 5 key areas of the Q Grade Course, you will build upon your experience of isolating your senses to improve your coffee assessment abilities. The key areas of the course are:
* How to use the Cupping Form. Essential for Q Grade capability
* Triangulation. Develop and heighten your ability to taste /identify similarities and differences within coffees. Q Grade skills module and a desirable skill for a roaster/roastery.
* Organic Acids. Develop an awareness of the different organic acids naturally present in coffee from varietal, terroir and roast style. Q Grade skills module.
* Sensory Solutions. Sweet, Sour, Salt solutions. Test and develop your ability to perceive differing concentrations of these fundamental modes of taste. G Skills Module.
* Le Nez introduction. Learn about flavour memory as a critical skill for flavour identification in coffee tasting. Q Grade skills module.
The workshop is limited to 10 participants to ensure that everyone has a very personalised experience.
Who is your instructor on the day?
Criteria coffee founder Craig Simon is Australia’s first Q Grade Instructor and Australia’s only three times National Barista Champion, 2012, 2014,2018.
Where is the course held?
The Sensory Skilling Workshop is held at Criteria Coffee Roastery, 37 Wirraway Drive Port Melbourne. Conveniently located 10 min from the CBD, reserved parking is available on site (rear of the building, spaces marked #37) or unreserved on-street parking. There are also various public transport options available. Click here to see where we are located.
The finer notes:
All equipment and materials are supplied on the day. There is no need for you to bring anything along.
Lunch and refreshments are included (Dietary requirements will be confirmed with participants prior to the course).
Our workshops are presented in English. If English is your second language, an interpreter can be organised for an additional fee.
See our Terms and Conditions for any questions regarding cancellation or changes of date requests.